Thursday, May 8, 2008

"The Things They Carried"







Superman shirt

My childhood idol was superman and he still is today, despite him living in the realm of fantasy. I still believe I have superpowers. I believe I can change the world just like he did. I strive to model his selflessness and courage and goodness. Although I will never posses his physical strength, there’s no harm in trying.


Picture of my family

If I go to war, I want to always remember the people that will always be there for me. They raised me. They are the words of the definition of me. They will forever be a part of me, and I would wish to always be grateful.

Friendship bracelet

Along with my family, I would also want to remember my friends because they too were always there for me. The bracelet symbolizes the bond that we will always have, no matter what happens. We grew up together and suffered through many of the same things but they were always there for me and I refuse to forget that.

Book

Of course, I need something to do. I need some sort of distraction. A book would allow me to enter a world that isn’t filled with death and destruction and maybe help me remember what I’m fighting for.

pen

Seems like such a simple object to bring. But oh how I would need it. I would have to write almost every day. I would need a way to express my thoughts and feelings, and I can’ t think of a better way than with a pen and paper.


No comments: